Can't make it to Spain this year?
No problem! Join Switchback Brewing Co. and The Classic Mike Loyer Foundation for our 1st Annual
Register to Participate then Start Fundraising!
Switchback Brewing Co. is excited to be sponsoring the first annual RUN WITH THE BULLS to benefit The Classic Mike Loyer Foundation. This event is a great way to get together with your family, friends, and workmates to support a local foundation doing great work in our community.
RUN WITH THE BULLS is a fun spoof on the actual “Running of the Bulls” being held in Pamplona, Spain on the very same day. Join hundreds of runners fund raise, run, walk, and crawl down the length of Church Street with some mischievous bulls having fun, while taking selfies and photos with the runners and spectators along the way. This event will have all the pageantry and excitement of the real event done the Vermont way; meaning no people and especially bulls are expected to be injured or maimed.
- Complete the ONLINE EVENT REGISTRATION FORM.
- FEE covers your SHIRT, BANDANA, and ENTRANCE to participate in the event.
- Following registration, you will be given a link to CREATE YOUR PROFILE and START FUNDRAISING! Please share with family and friends!
- Make sure to DOWNLOAD and COMPLETE the EVENT RELEASE FORM. This is required to bring to the registration table on the day of the event.
There will be both before and after event parties at restaurants and bars along Church Street, organized by Switchback Brewing and Baker Distributing. The top three fundraisers in each category will take home the gold, silver, and bronze version of the soon to be coveted Cow Bell Trophy.
This event will bring the word “fun” back to fundraiser!
- Please drop off waivers or register offline between 12 noon and 2:00pm.
- Be respectful of the tourists, spectators, street vendors, shops, and restaurants along the route.
- Event will start at the top of Church Street (Pearl Street) at 3:00 pm sharp and end at City Hall steps at the bottom of Church Street (Main Street), with closing ceremonies.
- Please keep the route clean, and leave it in the same way we found it or better.
- Follow directions of all safety personnel providing traffic control, and only cross walkways or streets when given the OK to do so.
- Have fun with each other and with spectators who want to engage. Feel free to take selfies and photos of yourself and your team.
- No bikes, carts, skateboards, or any other motorized or no motorized vehicles will be allowed. This is a running (slow jog), walking event. Families with small children in strollers are allowed.
- No pets are allowed to take part in this event. Our concern is for the safety of your pet and bystanders with a group of this size.
- Parking: We have been asked to park at the College Street and Lakeview garages downtown, so that we can leave space for shoppers and diners.
- Have Fun!!
The Classic Mike Loyer Foundations mission is to support Vermont families coping with the accidental worksite death of a loved one and to support unique needs within the community. Since our inception in 2011, The Classic Mike Loyer Foundation has provided over $350,000 dollars in support to over 100 families.